Last night after Frank was in bed, Andy and I were watching 12 Angry Men, when something black fell out of the ceiling and landed behind the TV. We couldn't see what it was, but after a while, we saw a little black mouse trying to climb up the wall. I think I'm generally a pretty brave person, but I'm totally afraid of mice! Except when they're in cages or outside where they belong, then they're kind of cute. Anyway, it was really creepy to have a mouse in the house, so Andy tried to catch it in various ways involving some mousetraps and a bowl, while I curled my feet up under me on the couch so it couldn't get my toes. The mouse was too smart or scared to be caught like that though. Eventually, Andy had to hit it with a shoe. Poor mouse! I wish we could've caught it and put it in the woods. Frank missed the whole thing, being asleep. If he had been awake, he might have been traumatized by the murder, or he might just have thought the mouse and my reaction to it was hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It began climbing the bricks of the fireplace and almost got away. I had to think fast. That shoe hit only stunned him. I had to take him outside and smack him 3 more times before he finally gave up the ghost. Quite a tough mouse.
-Andy
That is so sad! Poor little mouse :(
-Beth
Post a Comment